Many researchers have already analysed and discussed why creatinve and hi-tech districts exist and prosper. This is actually such a trivial topic that even mainstream newspaper host column about innovation and technology. Due to the cases of life, I am working now at the margin of one of these districts.
From the perspective of the creative people, the engine of this district:
- Easy access to service, finance, hi-tech products, large market
- Comfortable life
- Continuous exchange of information with peers
- A dynamic university, where the right talent is next door.
From the perspective of the organizer of the district
- Easy migration for qualified personnel
- Creation of advanced logistic and services
- Serious amount of investment
- Continuous and structured organization of events about innovation and entrepreneurship
- Highly paid and respected teachers (from primary school to University)
Nothing new, I am just putting order in my thoughts. This is not a difficult recipe, but it is impossible where corruption and a family-based industry block innovation. People do not fight anymore to change the system, simply take a short flight to a better district where they can develop their ideas.